banner

Friday, December 29, 2006

GERRARD DELIGHTED WITH AWARD


Steven Gerrard today spoke of his delight after being awarded an M.B.E. in the Queen's New Year's Honours list.
The Liverpool captain has been rewarded for his contribution to football, which has included leading the Reds to Champions League and FA Cup glory in the space of twelve months. Despite admitting he was thrilled to receive the personal recognition, he was quick to pay tribute to all those who have helped him throughout his career. “I am absolutely thrilled and honoured to receive this recognition for playing a game I’ve loved all my life,” Gerrard said. “I’d like to accept this on behalf of all those people who have been so supportive to me throughout my career, all my team-mates over the years, everyone at Liverpool Football Club, everyone at Team England, all my family and friends and all those coaches who have helped me since I was 8.”

Official Liverpoolfc.tv

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home